Download Course Guide Now
- How long does the course take? Your online interior design course can be delivered to you over either 12 or 24 weeks. The course is designed to be self-paced, meaning there are no set deadlines for your work. Whilst it is recommended that you submit work on a regular basis and get into the habit of keeping deadlines, you have up to one year to submit your work.
- How is the course delivered? The interior design course is provided completely online. You will be emailed 12 modules of course work, which covers the fundamentals of becoming an interior designer. You complete this interior design course at home, at your own pace.
- How long are the assignments? There are a variety of assignments to submit to the College. Some are shorter than others but each requires the development of ideas and/or research into topics. The College advises to allow a minimum of one to two hours per assignment, and we also say to allow for between four and six hours to read and absorb your course material. As with anything, the more you put into it, the more you will get out of it.
- What type of qualification will I obtain? At the successful completion of the course, you will receive your Diploma of Professional Interior Design from the British College of Interior Design. This provides recognition of the skills you have gained in the field of freelance interior design. Your diploma will be posted to your address provided at time of graduation.
- How do I communicate with my tutor? Contact with your tutor occurs by way of assignment submission via email to your student portal. We encourage all of our students to direct questions to the College, which will then be forwarded onto your tutor. Any administration questions will be addressed by College staff.
- Is the College accredited? The College is approved with the International Approval and Registration Centre. IARC works with participating institutions across the world including the United Kingdom, United States, Europe, Asia and Australasia. This approval brings recognition of the College having met criteria in the areas of administration, course content, course delivery and student assessment.
- Do I have to have a background in interior design? No, this online interior design course is specifically structured for students with no experience in the field of interior design.
- How do I enrol? Enrolling is easy! After entering your details in our sign-up page, simply the follow the links to our online enrolment page. If you are experiencing any difficulties, let us know via our contact page, and we will be happy to assist.